In response to the community's demand for police reform, Tri-C’s Public Safety Center of Excellence formed a committee to develop meaningful and responsive modules that take a proactive approach toward training law enforcement officers in Cuyahoga County. Local law enforcement instructors and community professionals partnered to create an innovative training program that aims to deter — and ultimately stop — the excessive use of force and change the culture within policing. Training incorporates lecture, discussion and hands-on practice of new skills and techniques.
- Four livestreamed training modules and one in-person training session.
- Each module offered on same day of the week (Monday – Thursday).
- Small in-person audience capacity (20) available for each module. PPE and social distancing required.
- Complete all four modules in one month (recommended) or spread out to accommodate your schedule.
- Practice skills and techniques in a hands-on, scenario-based training session.
- Receive Certificate of Completion.
- Currently open to law enforcement departments within Cuyahoga County only.