Ongoing performance development involves establishing a systematic process that managers can use to support employees. This process focuses on creating clear expectations for individual performance based on the organization’s goals. The goal of this session is to help managers improve their people development skills by implementing a performance management system that helps every employee achieve their peak performance potential.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between ongoing performance development and annual performance appraisals.
- Recognize the benefits of a systematic approach to performance management.
- Create a performance management plan.
- Establish objective measurements of performance.
- Hold productive performance conversations and avoid conversation minefields.
- Evaluate your own performance as a developer of your employees.
NotesThis course is part of the Experienced Manager Certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- The Experienced Manager Certificate Program (5.2 CEUs) : The Experienced Manager Certificate Program