*This course includes both the Yellow Belt and Green Belt content. Upon competition, participants will obtain a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification. No pre-requisites are required.*
This course is for those who own internal processes targeted for process improvement initiatives. Participants will learn to implement real organizational savings in time and capital through waste elimination. Upon successful completion, participants will be certified as Lean Six Sigma Green Belts. Green Belts work directly with cross-functional project leaders to carry out identified improvement projects using Lean Six Sigma methodologies and can implement the appropriate tools to lead independent local projects when necessary.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand general principles of Lean Six Sigma
- Understand and describe primary components of the DMAIC process
- Recognize and identify processes ideally suited for Lean Six Sigma within an organization
- Select which tools to use in the Lean Six Sigma process
- Develop skills to represent individual departments or organizations as an active Lean Six Sigma project team member
- Prepare, manage and lead Lean Six Sigma projects within an organization
- Identify and implement tools used for process optimization
- Organize, prepare, present and evaluate milestone reviews
- Measure ROI for projects
- Support Black Belt leads in the implementation of improvement projects
This is a blended-learning course, which means part of the training is done online and part is done in-person at a campus location. Your online access information will be sent to you via email on the start date of the class, which is two weeks before the first in-person training session.
Participants are required to complete all assigned course modules and exam within 60 days after the last classroom section.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (6.8 CEUs) : Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification