This course creates participant awareness, and the ability to understand conflict and how to build successful outcomes.
There are many benefits to diversity in the workplace, including creativity among teams and a more expansive set of solutions to problems.
However, cross-cultural misunderstandings may arise when there are differences. One negative effect of cultural diversity in the workplace is the increased tendency of personnel to create interpersonal conflicts. A diverse workplace will contain different opinions, thoughts, beliefs, norms, customs, values and traditions.
Companies that encourage diversity in the workplace, and support education about diversity and inclusion, inspire all of their employees to perform to their highest ability.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Address our biases and how they impact our interactions.
- Recognize the role that diversity plays in team conflict.
- Mitigate conflict among team members.
- Leverage EQ to better empathize and communicate with others.
- Advocate for inclusivity within work teams.