This 3-day course is designed for new and experienced internal auditors who need to perform internal quality audits to IATF 16949:2016. Participants will complete an in-depth review of the ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements, and the tools to effectively prepare and conduct internal audits to the standard.
Through individual participation and group exercises, participants will apply and audit the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 through case-study activities that focus on industry-recognized auditing techniques. A simulated audit, based on documentation from an actual organization, is included to help you develop and refine your newly acquired knowledge and skills.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016.
- Identify the requirements applicable to an IATF 16949:2016 internal auditor.
- Apply skills to plan, prepare and conduct an internal audit to the requirements of IATF 16949:2016.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process approach to achieve strategic and operational objectives.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how risk-based thinking supports and improves the understanding and application of the process approach.
- Form an audit team:
- Choose team members
- Determine roles and responsibilities of each individual
- Conduct an audit meeting:
- Choose members from the audit team
- Choose members from the organization receiving the audit
- Develop an agenda
- Choose needed reports and know how to correctly fill them in
- Choose relevant documentation:
- Choose which documentation is needed
- Organize the audit according to the ISO 19011 standard
- Classify and record nonconformities
- Recommended: Basic knowledge of the customer-specific requirements and the core tools.
- Self-study: A series of questions (self-study document) to be answered by the student and turned in prior to or at the beginning of the course. The self-study is designed to acquaint you with ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 standards, and the guidelines for auditing management systems.
Who should attend
This training program is designed for quality professionals in the automotive industry, and recommended for new or experienced internal auditors who have not attended training in more than three years or representatives from key functional groups involved in transitioning the organization’s QMS to IATF 16949:2016.
Final quiz/exam covers the intent of IATF 16949:2016 and the application of audit principles and practices.
Participant materials are included. The exacted requirements text of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016, with training commentary, are included in the participant manual. Participants will receive a certificate of completion and receive continuing education units (CEUs) from Tri-C’s Corporate College for the successful completion of the course. End-of-course evaluations will be conducted, either paper-based or electronically.