Course DescriptionThis training will provide participants with a practical understanding of the movie industry budgeting process using the industry standard software Movie Magic Budgeting by Entertainment Partners. This essential tool enhances the flexibility, accuracy and efficiency of creating budgets for productions of all types. Educational pricing and discount coupon for software is included. Movie Magic Budgeting is an innovative budgeting and cost estimation tool that features an intuitive format, allowing users to create and edit comprehensive budgets of all sizes. Since a production budget is the blueprint that demonstrates how your project will be produced, the decision to fund the project will often be based on the information laid out in the budget.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Effectively create a multimedia or movie budget using Movie Magic Budgeting software.
- Gain a clear knowledge of the multimedia project or movie, pre-production, production and post-production process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of naming conventions as it relates to budgeting multimedia projects or movies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the script analysis to create a comprehensive budget.
- Demonstrate an understanding of critical assumptions as it relates to budget.
- Create an effective action plan and budget for funding and greenlighting projects.