This course is a prerequisite for all Film Academy on-set training courses and is required for the Production Assistant Certificate. This introductory practical training approach to the role of a production assistant on a movie set explores responsibilities, all fill set positions and hierarchy, walkie-talkie and set etiquette, walkie-talkie and set lingo, call sheet creation, sides creation, production department paperwork, job hunting and resume writing.
Students who successfully complete this course receive OSHA 10/GES certification and a discount coupon for Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting. They are also eligible to apply for a crew position on the Tri-C Short Film Intensive (Art Department, Grip and Electric, Camera Department or and Location Sound Mixing and Boom Op).
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Efficiently perform basic production assistant duties and demonstrate familiarity with the technology and terminology commonly used on multimedia and film sets.
- Handle basic responsibilities of running errands, distributing paperwork and managing confidential materials.
- Identify the responsibilities and hierarchy of each key position within a film department.
- Demonstrate an understanding of production terminology and etiquette.
- Demonstrate proper walkie-talkie etiquette.
- Organize travel to locations.
- Manage equipment, check-out and inventories.
- Make copies of the scripts, sides and DISTRO.
- Maintain schedules.
- Handle and understand contract protocols.
- Assist and coordinate with all key departments on-set.