Course DescriptionSpanish for Construction is a self-paced, online Spanish course designed for construction workers, contractors, foremen and anybody who works with Spanish-speaking employees and coworkers in the construction industry. Students will build their workplace Spanish vocabulary and conversation skills while learning with pictures, native pronunciations, readings and quizzes, as well as cultural tidbits along the way.
This course includes the following topics:
- More Greetings
- More Conversational Phrases
- Survival Words
- Numbers 0-9
- Numbers 10-1,000
- Months and Seasons
- Days of the Week and Date
- Personal Characteristics
- Likes and Dislikes
Spanish for Construction:
- Job Titles in Construction
- Construction Equipment
- Supplies and Materials
- Hand Tools
- Power Tools
- Actions and Commands
- Measurements and Fractions
- Painting Plumbing and Electrical
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker