Course DescriptionInteracting with Spanish-speaking patients may arise frequently in a health care position. In a medical career, lacking basic knowledge of Spanish can be inefficient and dangerous. Taking this course will boost your professional communication skills in the workplace, as well as make you more comfortable and productive.Spanish for Health Care is a self-paced, online occupational Spanish conversation course that seeks to bridge the communication gap between English-speaking health care professionals and Spanish-speaking patients.Students will build their workplace Spanish vocabulary and conversation skills while learning with pictures, native-pronunciations, readings and quizzes, as well as cultural tidbits along the way.
This course includes the following topics:
- More Greetings
- More Conversational Phrases
- Survival Words
- Numbers 0-9
- Numbers 10-1,000
- Months and Seasons
- Days of the Week and Date
- Personal Characteristics
- Likes and Dislikes
Spanish for Health Care:
- Job Titles and People
- Medical History
- Specific Questions
- Emergencies and Common Injuries
- Actions and Commands
- Parts of the Body
- Internal Organs
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker