Course DescriptionSpanish for Law Enforcement is a self-paced, online Spanish course designed for police officers and law enforcement personnel wanting to communicate with the Spanish-speaking public. Students will build their workplace Spanish vocabulary and conversation skills while learning with pictures, native-pronunciations, readings and quizzes, as well as cultural tidbits along the way.
This course includes the following topics:
- More Greetings
- More Conversational Phrases
- Survival Words
- Numbers 0-9
- Numbers 10-1000
- Months and Seasons
- Days of the Week and Date
- Personal Characteristics
- Likes and Dislikes
Spanish for Law Enforcement:
- Job Titles
- Departments and Units
- People in General
- People in Trouble
- Specific Questions
- More Commands
- Traffic Laws
- Traffic Problems
- The Raid
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue steaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker