Course DescriptionInteracting with Spanish-speaking patients may arise frequently in a medical front office position. In a medical career, lacking basic knowledge of Spanish can be inefficient and dangerous. Taking this course will boost your communication skills in the workplace, as well as make you more comfortable and productive. Spanish for the Medical Front Office is a self-paced, online, occupational Spanish conversation course that solves the problems of miscommunication. Students will learn basic reception terms as well as insurance and general medical terminology. Students will build their workplace Spanish vocabulary and conversation skills by learning with pictures, native-pronunciations, readings, and quizzes, as well as cultural tidbits along the way.
This course includes the following topics:
- More Greetings
- More Conversational Phrases
- Survival Words
- Numbers 0-9
- Numbers 10-1,000
- Months and Seasons
- Days of the Week and Date
- Personal Characteristics
- Likes and Dislikes
Spanish for the Medical Front Office:
- Insurance Terms and Vocabulary
- Job Titles and People
- Medical History
- Specific Questions
- Emergencies and Common Injuries
- Parts of the Body
- Internal Organs
This Spanish course will teach medical front office professionals:
- How to ask for a patient’s information.
- Crucial phrases that express the patient’s physical state.
- How to learn a patient’s medical history and obtain insurance information.
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.