Course DescriptionSpanish for the Workplace is an innovative, self-paced, online occupational Spanish conversation course that seeks to bridge the communication gap between English and Spanish speaking supervisors and coworkers. The course incorporates visual imagery (photos associated with words and phrases for better retention), native speakers, language tips, intuitive reading exercises, interactive assessments to measure your progress and comprehension, and cultural lessons.
This course includes the following topics:
- More Greetings
- More Conversational Phrases
- Survival Words
- Numbers 0-9
- Numbers 10-1000
- Months and Seasons
- Days of the Week and Date
- Personal Characteristics
- Likes and Dislikes
Spanish for the Workplace:
- Job Titles
- Basic Hiring
- Job Application
- Interview Questions
- Supervisory Expressions
- Job Expectations and Performance
- Complaints and Warnings
- Safety Equipment
- Schedules and Shifts
- Payroll and Money Terms
- Verification and Pay
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker