Course DescriptionThis course provides students with tools, information and strategies for starting a successful business. Discussion topics include risk, economics, the global market, ethics, legal considerations, organization, human resources and marketing. Students will gain a practical understanding of the components of a small business and the steps one must take to create and establish that business from idea to business plan to strategies for helping the business succeed and grow.
- Lesson 1: Entrepreneurial Pathways
- Lesson 2: Who Are Your Customers?
- Lesson 3: Integrated Marketing
- Lesson 4: Show Me the Money: Finding, Securing and Managing It
- Lesson 5: Operating a Small Business Effectively
- Lesson 6: Leadership, Ethics and Exits
Participants have 12 months to complete this self-paced course.
- Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable/DSL internet connection recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue steaming audio sessions.
- Microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10 (Home, Pro)
- Mac OSX 10 or higher
- Latest Chrome OS
- Latest Linux Distributions
Web Browser Requirements:
- Latest Google Chrome is recommended
- Latest Mozilla Firefox
- Latest Microsoft Edge
- Latest Apple Safari
Basic Software Requirements (These are recommendations of software to use):
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice)
- PDF reader program (Adobe Reader, FoxIt)
- Courses may require other software that is denoted in the above course outline.