Course DescriptionThis course provides students with tools, information and strategies for starting a successful business. Discussion topics include risk, economics, the global market, ethics, legal considerations, organization, human resources and marketing. Students will gain a practical understanding of the components of a small business and the steps one must take to create and establish that business from idea to business plan to strategies for helping the business succeed and grow.
- Lesson 1: Entrepreneurial Pathways
- Lesson 2: Who Are Your Customers?
- Lesson 3: Integrated Marketing
- Lesson 4: Show Me the Money: Finding, Securing and Managing It
- Lesson 5: Operating a Small Business Effectively
- Lesson 6: Leadership, Ethics and Exits
Participants have 12 months to complete this self-paced course.
- Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable/DSL internet connection recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue steaming audio sessions.
- Microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.