Navigating Difficult Conversations introduces participants to a seven-stage process for taking control in difficult situations, minimizing negative backlash to develop increased trust, improved relationships and higher productivity. With realistic examples and role-playing activities, this course helps participants as they prepare, carry out and close difficult conversations in the most productive manner -- leading them to embrace, rather than fear, confrontation and produce long-lasting benefits for both the employee and organization.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the nature of difficult conversations and what it takes to handle them.
- Identify the seven stages of handling difficult conversations.
- Use empathy in a way that minimizes negative responses and strengthens relationships.
- Apply best practices for preparing, initiating, and delivering the conversation.
- Discover how to generate solutions and bring the conversation to a close.