Course DescriptionThe Six Sigma Management System has evolved into an integration of business best practices that unleashes the power of the Six Sigma tools and methods to foster focused execution and breakthrough improvements. Using the Six Sigma Management System as the overall context for driving business improvement, this course provides unique insight for Black Belts, Six Sigma leaders and all Six Sigma practitioners on how to apply a wide variety of tools and methods.
Lesson 1: The Six Sigma Management System
This lesson focuses on the extension of Six Sigma into a management system that encompasses all levels of an organization. While implementing Six Sigma through individual projects produces significant results, sustainable, breakthrough improvements are realized by organizations that adopt Six Sigma as their overall management system.
Lesson 2: Six Sigma and Lean
Many different approaches have been taken to improve business performance over the last several decades. Each one has its own strengths and weaknesses and offers a slightly different perspective. Some of these perspectives may benefit organizations trying to implement broad-based improvement efforts.
Lesson 3: Process Improvement Teams and Tools
This lesson addresses various team approaches, including tools and measurements, that have proven successful as part of a Six Sigma system.
Lesson 4: Six Sigma Teams, Methodology and Tools
This lesson is dedicated to the power of Six Sigma teams that apply a deeper level of analysis and statistical rigor to reduce variation, stabilize and optimize business processes — all for the purpose of bottom-line impact for the organization.
Lesson 5: Six Sigma Impact Measurement
This lesson focuses on measuring the results of a Six Sigma campaign, including the selection of meaningful metrics and goals.
Lesson 6: Supplemental Information
The power of Six Sigma lies in its disciplined, structured approach to identifying and solving process issues. This lesson provides supplemental information on innovation and Measurement System Analysis — the area in which discipline often falls by the wayside.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Communicate using Six Sigma concepts.
- Think about the organization as a collection of processes, with inputs that determine the output.
- Relate Six Sigma concepts to the overall business mission and objectives.
- Use the concept of a sigma level to evaluate the capability of a process or organization.
- Understand and apply the five-step DMAIC model as a framework to organize process improvement activity.
- Employ a wide range of process improvement techniques, including design of experiments, within the DMAIC model.
- Recognize the organizational factors that lay the necessary groundwork for a successful Six Sigma effort.
- Employ Six Sigma skills to lead a successful process improvement project and deliver meaningful results to the organization.
Participants will have 12 months to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary materials are included.
- This course prepares students to take the ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt certification exam.
- ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt requires two completed projects with signed affidavits (or one completed project with signed affidavit and three years of work experience) in one or more areas of the Six Sigma Body of Knowledge. You do not need to be a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Work experience must be in a full time, paid role. Paid intern, co-op or any other coursework cannot be applied toward the work experience requirement.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.