Course DescriptionDiscover how to develop, implement and maintain effective supplier nonconformance and supplier partnership programs in your organization. Participants will learn the differences between short-term (interim/remedial) action and long-term (corrective/preventive) action and how to implement key supplier metrics for monitoring and improvement.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- How to Identify Supplier Problems (Module 1):
- Discuss typical supplier problems that occur in various industries (software, services, healthcare, manufacturing).
- Understand criteria used to determine if a supplier problem exists.
- Understand methods used to determine the severity of supplier problems.
- How to Separate the Vital Few from the Trivial Many (Module 2)
- Define a Nonconformance Report (NCR) and its use as a short-term action.
- Define a Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) and its use as a long-term action.
- Understand when to use an NCR vs. a SCAR, depending on severity.
- Understand how to address trivial issues.
- Understand how to address important issues (cost, production, risk).
- Understanding and Implementing a NCR Process (Module 3)
- Understand the sections of a NCR form.
- Understand when and who decides if a NCR is elevated to a SCAR.
- Understand the resources involved in NCRs (e.g., MRB members).
- Understand who communicates the nonconformance to the supplier.
- Understand who communicates the supplier problem to appropriate personnel and how quickly (quarantine, stop shipments, recall, etc.).
- Understand how critical timing and communication are when dealing with a potentially large and expensive supplier nonconformance.
- Understanding and Implementing a SCAR Process (Module 4)
- Understand the sections of a SCAR form.
- Understand how to conduct root cause analysis.
- Understand how to identify effective corrective actions based on root cause.
- Understand the resources involved in SCARs (e.g., functional personnel).
- Understand who gives the supplier the SCAR and in what time frame.
- Understand where SCARs are kept and who monitors them for response, action implementation and follow-up.
- Establishing, Measuring and Reporting Supplier Metrics (Module 5)
- Understand the typical time allotted for SCAR responses.
- Understand who reviews supplier responses and determines if they are acceptable.
- Understand actions taken if supplier actions are unacceptable.
- Understand why follow-up is a critical step in an effective supplier nonconformance process.
- Understand key supplier nonconformance metrics and how they are measured.
- Understand who is responsible for maintaining supplier nonconformance log and communicating supplier metrics to management.
- Implementing an Effective Supplier Partnership Program (Module 6)
- Understand key components of an effective supplier partnership program.
- Understand key personnel involved in an effective supplier partnership program.
- Understand how an effective partnership program is essential for an effective supplier management program.
- Understand key tips and traps for supplier partnership programs.
Participants will have 180 days to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary course materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.