Course DescriptionAre you looking for certification to perform mold inspections? The most reputable mold certifications in the marketplace come from the American Council of Accredited Certification (ACAC).
This course will contain the following modules:
Course overview: Introductions, schedule and summary of material covered.
Biological agents: Types, reproduction and growth, diseases and testing.
Health effects: Impact on the human body, at-risk populations, routes of exposure.
Building environment: Interior conditions, moisture sources, testing, preventing mold during construction.
Microbial investigations: Assessment plans and scientific method.
Microbial sampling: Why and how, various methods and limitations.
Microbial remediation: Definition, review of standards, protective equipment and contaminant removal.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand when, where and why mold and bacteria will grow.
- Recognize the effects that mold and bacteria may have on health.
- Assess indoor environments in a comprehensive manner, rather than just collect samples.
- Comprehend how to diagnose microbial problems and write plans for them to be resolved.
- Apply an industry standards of care to your work.
Participants will have two months to complete this mentor supported online course.
All necessary materials are included.
CMI applicants must possess one of the following combinations of two (2) years education and relevant field experience:
- No degree, with at least two (2) years of consulting experience in microbial sampling. (High school diploma or GED required.)
- A 2-year post-secondary degree or its equivalent (15 credit hours) in microbiology, engineering, science, architecture, industrial hygiene or related field of science with at least one (1) year documented experience in microbial sampling.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept Cookies
- Disable Pop-up Blocker.