Course DescriptionThis course provides 24 hours of interactive training online for those needing Moderate Risk certification (29 CFR 1910.120). Topics include exercises on PPE, regulations, site characterization, confined space and decontamination. The course consists of online text, interactive exercises, web links, self-grading quizzes and a final exam.
This course includes the following lessons:
- Regulations Overview
- Site Characterization
- Hazard Recognition
- Chemical Awareness
- Radiological Hazards
- Respiratory Protection
- PPE: Clothing Ensembles
- PPE: Face, Head, Foot and Hand
- Site Control
- Medical Surveillance
- Air Monitoring
- Personal Sampling
- Material Sampling
- Safe Work Practices
- Confined Space
- Emergency Procedures
Participants will have 12 months to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker