Course DescriptionChanges in markets, techniques, technologies, and products have altered the landscape of operations and fueled the development of operational risk management. The regulators of financial and public companies are demanding a far greater level of disclosure and awareness by directors about the risks they manage and the effectiveness of the controls they have in place to reduce these risks.
This course contains the following lessons:
- Basic Concepts
- Regulatory Treatment of Operational Risk under Basel-II
- Operational Risk in Various Banking Sectors
- Operational Risk in Insurance
- Developing Objectives and Identifying Risks
- Estimating Potential Losses – Data
- Estimating Potential Losses – Loss Distributions
- Analyzing Risks
- Loss Prediction and Prevention
- Loss Control
- Loss Reduction and Risk Avoidance
- Risk Financing
- Measurement Framework
- ORM in Practice
- Enterprise-wide Risk Management (ERM)
- Basic and causal models
- Legal Risk and Taxation Rules
- Systems and Software
- Case Study: Barings
Participants will have three months to complete this mentor supported online course.
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker