Course DescriptionTo write well, you must follow the rules, so that you can best make yourself understood. We will review some basic grammar and look at correcting common mistakes that can make our writing harder to read.
This course contains the following lessons:
- Getting Started -- All About Grammar, Usage and Mechanics
- Grammar Basics
- Nouns, Verb, Adjectives, and Adverbs
- Complements, Phrases and Clauses
- Tone and Grammar
- Edit, Rewrite and Refine
- Master the Documents You Use Most
- Improving Worker's Writing Skills
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify what is meant by grammar, usage and mechanics
- Identify the parts of speech and parts of a sentence.
- Identify the correct use of nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs.
- Identify the correct use of complements, phrases, and clauses
Participants will have 180 days to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary course materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker