Learn strategies for writing documents faster and better. This course demonstrates how to customize your documents for a specific reader and to accomplish your writing purpose. You will discover ways to create documents when time is limited. You will also master models to organize and format letters, emails and reports in order to make them clear, direct, and reader friendly. Conversational writing style and parallel structure will also be covered.
This course contains the following lessons:
- Understanding the Demand for Good Writing
- Being Explicit, Clear and Concise
- Rhythm and Organization
- Putting it All Together
- Tone and Grammar
- Edit, Rewrite and Refine
- Master the Documents You Use Most
- Improving Workers' Writing Skills
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify the value of good writing.
- Write explicit, clear and concise content that grabs the reader's attention.
- Write content with rhythm and organization.
- Create a document that represents the best application of the skills they have learned in this course.
- Identify which tone to use for different messages and fix common grammar errors.
- Identify the stages of the editing process.
- Identify ways to improve common business documents.
- Identify ways managers can improve worker's writing skills.
Participants will have 180 days to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker