Course DescriptionWhether you successfully completed our Beginner's Writing Workshop course, or you've been writing fiction on your own, there is something to be gained by moving to our next level of writing. If you are comfortable with the basics of writing such as plot, story, building characters and editing, it's time to build on your talents and delve into topics such as narratives, viewpoints, scene building and writing beginnings and endings. Join us as we explore these and other topics.
This course contains the following lessons:
- Choosing a Viewpoint
- Expanding Your Narrative
- Creating Clarity and Interest
- Writing Powerful Beginnings
- Crafting Strong Endings.
- Preparing for Publishing
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Explore ways in which a literary narrative can be expanded.
- Learn techniques for generating greater clarity in writing.
- Discover ways in which to create a gripping and powerful story openings.
- Identify components used to craft powerful story endings.
- Review the steps necessary to ready a novel or story for submission to an agent/publisher.
Participants will have 180 days to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary course materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker