Course DescriptionThis course presents the skills needed to help you move into a management position, along with key strategies to help you understand how to navigate the "management minefield" with ease. Learn methods for dealing with unruly employees, the role of office politics and listening techniques that will help you understand what your boss is expecting.
This course contains the following lessons:
- Getting Started -- The Role of a Manager
- Important First Steps
- Building Your Team.
- Managing the Hard Parts
- Building Relationships.
- Motivating and Encouraging.
- Performance Appraisals
- Personal Development
- Communication Skills
- Putting it All Together -- A Review
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a manager.
- Identify the process of active listening.
- Identify skills for hiring and keeping good employees.
- Identify ways to discipline employees.
- Identify skills for building relationships.
- Identify ways to motivate employees.
- Identify the process of performance appraisals.
- Identify time management strategies.
- Identify effective meeting management skills.
- Complete a self-assessment on their new skills.
Participants will have 180 days to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.