Course DescriptionDo you need to better understand how federal employment laws affect your workplace? This course will introduce you to the most impactful federal employment laws. By understanding the basics of employment law, you will become better equipped to hire, evaluate and manage employees. This course presents insight into discrimination laws, employee benefits, methods to resolve employment disputes and common workplace safety rules. Knowing the federal employment laws is a must for any supervisor, entrepreneur, manager or human resources professional.
This course will cover the following:
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Employment Benefits
- Establishing the Right Hiring Practices
- Statutes of Fairness
- Resolving Conflicts
- Labor Laws
- Discrimination and Title VII
- Discrimination Continued
- Workplace Safety
- Tools for Compliance
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Creating a Quick-Reference Guide
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand what laws your company must follow.
- Learn about employment benefits.
- Master employment disputes.
- Educate yourself on Discrimination and Title VII.
- Focus on employee safety.
- Make certain you are in compliance.
Participants will have 180 days to complete this self-paced course.
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.