Course DescriptionThis course will provide an introduction to the concepts and uses of accounting in a business environment. The primary areas of study in this course include analysis of business transactions, recording procedures and the use of ledgers and journals, accounting for sales and purchases, managing cash, payroll, accruals and deferrals, and preparation and analysis of basic financial statements. After completing this course, students will have a solid understanding of business and financial accounting, and its role in bookkeeping administration.
This course contains the following lessons:
- Introduction to Accounting
- Analyzing Business Transactions
- Recording Transactions
- Accounting for Sales and Purchases
- Accruals, Deferrals and the Worksheet
- Financial Statements and Closing Procedures
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Recognize accounting transactions and record them in journals using proper formats.
- Use accounting software and spreadsheets to input, manage and interpret information.
- Apply the concepts of accrual accounting to transactions that span fiscal periods.
- Record accounting transactions for merchandising operations and understand how to cost inventories using a variety of methods.
- Journalize transactions specific to managing cash and accounts receivable.
- Record transactions for uncollectible accounts.
- Prepare financial statements, including income statements, statements of retained earnings, balance sheets and statements of cash flow.
- Create professional and accurate financial documents.
Participants will have 12 months to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary course materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.