Course DescriptionThis course will provide the beginning investor with the skills and knowledge necessary to invest in stocks and bonds. As a new investor, it is important to understand how the stock market works, types of investments, and where and how to begin. The strategy and approach you employ will help you successfully make your first trade. This comprehensive course will use learning activities, practice exams and assignments to help students learn the foundational components to becoming a successful investor.
This course covers the following lessons:
- History of the Stock Market
- How the Stock Market Works.
- Major Stock Exchanges
- Types of Products Bought and Sold on the Market
- Where and How to Begin Investing
- Easiest Investments for Beginners
- Types and Purposes of Investing
- Ten Tips You Should Follow as a New Investor
- Five Things to Avoid
- Common FAQs for Beginners
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe the history of the stock market.
- Define and describe stock and bond investments.
- Recall how the stock market works.
- Define the major types of stock and bond exchanges.
- Explain the types of products bought and sold on the market.
- Define the best approach to entering the stock market.
- Identify the easiest investments for beginners.
- Recall the types and purposes of investing.
- Recall the 10 tips you should always follow.
- Describe the five things beginners should always avoid.
Participants will have 180 days to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary course materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.