Course DescriptionThis comprehensive course provides new investors with the skills and knowledge necessary to invest in stocks and bonds. Learn how the stock market works, the types of investments you can make, and where and how to begin. Activities, practice exams and assignments will help you master the foundational components of successful investing.
Course includes the following lessons:
- History of the Stock Market
- How the Stock Market Works
- Major Stock Exchanges
- Types of Products Bought and Sold on the Market
- Where and How to Begin Investing
- Easiest Investments for Beginners
- Types and Purposes of Investing
- Ten Tips You Should Follow as a New Investor
- Five Things to Avoid
- Common FAQ for Beginners
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe the history of the stock market.
- Define and describe stock and bond investments.
- Recall how the stock market works.
- Define the major types of stock and bond exchanges.
- Explain the types of products bought and sold on the market.
- Define the best approach to entering the stock market.
- Identify the easiest investments for beginners.
- Recall the types and purposes of investing.
- Recall the 10 tips you should always follow.
- Describe the five things beginners should always avoid.
Participants will have 180 days to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary course materials included. Course book will be mailed to participants and should be received about a week after online registration is processed.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.