Review financial accounting and reporting basics while learning the many facets of QuickBooks Online. Topics include setting up a new company, sales and cash receipts, purchases, investing, payroll, taxes and budgeting. Case studies build upon each other as the course progresses.
All students eligible for free 365-day copy of Intuit QuickBooks Online Plus
from the Intuit Education Program.
Lesson 1: An Introduction to QuickBooks Online
Learn how QuickBooks Online differs from other versions of QuickBooks and master basic navigation. Look at a sample company and practice setting up your own, learning how to modify starting balances and adjust company settings.
Lesson 2: Operating Activities
Learn operating activities such as sales and cash receipts and purchases and cash payments. Topics include sales receipts and invoices, transaction details, purchase orders and bill payments.
Lesson 3: Investing and Payroll
Explore the accounting side of investing and how to conduct payroll in QuickBooks Online. Lesson includes fixed assets, long-term investing and debt, and the operational side of paying employees.
Lesson 4: Budgeting and Financial Reporting
Learn how QuickBooks Online can help with budgeting, how to make adjustments to previously entered information and how to create various reports. Explore bank reconciliation, aging summaries and balance sheets.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify basic features of QuickBooks Online.
- Create new customers, vendors, products and services.
- Record sales receipt, invoice and cash payment.
- Record purchase order, bill and check or credit card payment.
- Record acquisition and sale of assets.
- Conduct payroll functions.
- Create a budget.
- Adjust previous entries in QuickBooks Online.
- Create financial statements and reports.
Participants have 12 months to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary course materials included.
This course prepares students to take the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User Online certification exam. (Exam not included in cost. ~$200)
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections recommended for the best experience.
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher
- RAM: 2 GB or higher
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 or higher
- Speakers / Headphones
- Microphone (Webinar / Live Online sessions)
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10 (Home, Pro)
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- Latest Chrome OS
- Latest Linux Distributions
NOTE: While courses can be viewed on Android and iPhone devices, their size does not provide an optimal learning environment for online or live online-based courses.Web Browser Requirements:
- Latest Google Chrome recommended for best experience.
- Latest Mozilla FireFox
- Latest Microsoft Edge
- Latest Apple Safari
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office, OpenOffice or LibreOffice)
- PDF reader program (Adobe Reader, FoxIt)
- May require other software as denoted in course outline.