Adobe Illustrator allows you to create artwork that you can use for web pages or any print or electronic media. This course will give students a good overview of the tools and features of Illustrator, and will allow them to create artwork using the various tools, including the pencil and pen tools. Students will also learn the various ways to apply color to their artwork, and will work with layers, 3D effects and symbols.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify the features of the Illustrator screen.
- Create and edit basic shapes.
- Use the pen tools to create drawings.
- Add color to their Illustrator documents.
- Work with text objects in Illustrator.
- Edit drawings using masks, blending modes, envelopes and meshes.
- Define and use symbols and edit their drawings using filters and effects.
- Use the Illustrator filters, effects and graphic styles in their Illustrator projects.
- Work with symbols, importing graphics from other sources and printing their Illustrator artwork.
- Create a project in Illustrator to demonstrate what they have learned in this course.
Participants will have 180 days to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary materials included in course.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.