Course DescriptionBlogging is a great way to get the word out about your product, expertise or anything that's on your mind. WordPress is one of the most popular blogging applications, readily available on many web hosts. In this course, you will configure WordPress options and customize its appearance. You will set up accounts for accessing your blog, explore blog topics, and write and publish entries.
This course contains the following lessons:
- Getting Started with WordPress
- Creating a Post
- Pages and Links
- Managing Comments
- Themes and Plug-ins
- Putting it All Together: A Review
Upon completion, particiapnts will be able to:
- Install and configure WordPress.
- Write and publish a post in their WordPress blog.
- Configure page settings and links.
- Manage comments on their WordPress blogs.
- Create themes and install plug-ins for their WordPress blog.
- Build a plan for working with WordPress.
Participants will have 180 days to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker