This class will introduce the new user to the basics of working with Photoshop for retouching images and drawing. You will learn how to prepare images for a website or printed documents, including how to create new images, and edit and restore existing digital images. To complete the coursework, you will need a copy of Adobe Photoshop CC.
The Adobe Photoshop CC bundle includes two courses: Photoshop CC Introduction and Photoshop Intermediate.
**Students will need a copy of the Adobe Photoshop CC in order to do coursework.**
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Photoshop interface and do some basic photo corrections.
- Use the selection tools to select parts of an image.
- Work with Photoshop's correction tools to correct and enhance photographs.
- Create masks for hiding parts of a layer.
- Use the vector drawing tools to create paths.
- Use layer features to create images.
- Paint with the mixer brush.
- Create and edit 3D objects
- Prepare their images for print and for the web.
- Combine the techniques learned in this class to create a final project.
- Plan and organize their retouching procedures.
- Adjust the brightness and contrast of their images and manage and adjust color.
- Use layers to correct and manage their photo projects.
- Use selections and masks to make changes to part of an image.
- Use the retouching tools to make changes to images.
- Identify how to create good scans and approaches for repairing problems.
- Convert images to black and white and colorize black and white images.
- Retouch portraits.
- Walk through the process of retouching photographs.
- Create a final project using what they have learned.
Participants will have 12 months to complete this self-paced online course.
The Adobe Photoshop CC bundle includes the following two courses. If you would like to take these classes individually, please visit the course links below:
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker