This class will introduce the new user to the basics of working with Photoshop for retouching images and drawing. Students will be able to use various techniques for selecting in order to edit and retouch images. Students will be able to prepare images for a web site or printed documents. Students will be able to edit images using the painting tools, Clone Stamp and drawing tools. Students will be able to create new images using the Pen tool and the drawing and painting tools. Students will be able to create and edit images using layers.
During this course you will learn more about how Photoshop can be used to retouch and restore digital images. You will learn how to correct, change and improve the color of an image, get rid of stains and scratches on scanned images, combine images, add special effects and filters to images, and create images using Photoshop artistic tools.
Students will need a copy of the Adobe Photoshop CC software in order to do coursework.
The Adobe Photoshop CC bundle includes 2 courses:
- Photoshop CC Introduction
- Photoshop Intermediate
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Photoshop interface and do some basic photo corrections
- Use the selection tools to select parts of an image
- Work with Photoshop's correction tools to correct and enhance photographs
- Create masks for hiding parts of a layer
- Use the vector drawing tools to create paths
- Use layer features to create images
- Paint with the Mixer Brush
- Create and edit 3D objects
- Prepare their images for print and the web
- Combine the techniques learned in this class to create a final project
- Plan and organize their retouching procedures
- Adjust the brightness and contrast of their images and manage and adjust color
- Use layers to correct and manage their photo projects
- Use selections and masks to make changes to part of an image
- Use the retouching tools to make changes to images
- Identify how to create good scans and approaches for repairing problems
- Convert images to black and white and colorize black and white images
- Retouch portraits
- Walk through the process of retouching photographs
- Create a final project using what they have learned
Participants will have 12 months to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary materials are included.
This course prepares a student to take the Adobe Visual Design Using Photoshop certification exam.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended for the best experience.
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher
- RAM: 2 GB or higher
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 or higher
- Speakers / Headphones
- Microphone (Webinar / Live Online sessions)
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10 (Home, Pro)
- Mac OSX 10 or higher
- Latest Chrome OS
- Latest Linux Distributions
NOTE: While we understand that our courses can be viewed on Android and iPhone devices, we do not recommend the use of these devices for our courses. The size of these devices do not provide a good learning environment for students taking online or live online-based courses.Web Browser Requirements:
- Latest Google Chrome is recommended for the best experience.
- Latest Mozilla Firefox
- Latest Microsoft Edge
- Latest Apple Safari
- Office suite (Microsoft Office, OpenOffice or LibreOffice)
- PDF reader program (Adobe Reader, Foxit)
- Courses may require other software that is denoted in the above course outline.