Course DescriptionThis class will introduce new users to the basics of working with Photoshop for retouching images and drawing. You will need a copy of Photoshop to complete the coursework. A 30-day trial version is available.
This course covers the following lessons:
- Getting Started - An Introduction to Photoshop
- Selections and Layers
- Correcting and Enhancing Digital Photographs
- Masks, Channels and Type
- Vector Drawing
- Layering and Compositing
- Producing Output
- Painting with the Mixer Brush
- Advanced Topics
- Putting it All Together
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Get to know the Photoshop interface and do some basic photo corrections.
- Use the selection tools to select parts of an image and manage layers.
- Use Photoshop's correction tools to correct and enhance photographs.
- Create masks for hiding parts of a layer and add text
- Use the vector drawing tools to create paths.
- Layer features to create composite images.
- Prepare their images for print and for the web.
- Paint with the mixer brush.
- Explore 3D and video editing features of Photoshop.
- Create a final project using what they learned in this course.
Participants will have 180 days to complete this self-paced online course.
This course can also be taken as a bundle with Photoshop Intermediate. Please visit the below link to register.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker