Course DescriptionStructured Query Language (SQL) is the language used to work with databases and the information stored within them. This course provides a working knowledge of the basic forms of SQL, including how to select and update data from common table formats. Learners will create a database and use SQL to manipulate the data within it.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Relational Databases and SQL
Lesson 2: How to Use the Management Studio
Lesson 3: Retrieving Data From a Single Table
Lesson 4: Retrieving Data From Multiple Tables
Lesson 5: Working With Summary Queries
Lesson 6: Working With Sub Queries
Lesson 7: Inserting, Updating and Deleting Data
Lesson 8: Working With Data Types
Lesson 9: Working With Functions
Lesson 10: Designing a Database
Lesson 11: How to Create a Database and Its Tables
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Install the SQL Server demo and explore the basics of relational databases.
- Write SQL SELECT statements to retrieve data from a single data table.
- Write SQL SELECT statements with JOINS to retrieve data from multiple tables.
- Write queries to summarize data using aggregate functions.
- Write queries that contain sub queries.
- Write queries to insert, update and delete data from data tables.
- Write queries to convert and edit data in the database.
- Design and create a database.
Participants will have 180 days to complete this mentor-supported online course.
All necessary course materials included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.