Course DescriptionA thorough introduction to the basic syntax and structure of C++ programming language. Create C++ applications that define variables and arrays and use if statements, switch/case statements, for loops and while loops. Create functions and pass information into functions by value and by reference using pointers. Build applications made up of several files. No programming experience required. Students must have access to a C++ compiler (available for download).
Lesson 1: Getting Started
Lesson 2: Objects, Types and Values
Lesson 3: Computation and Basic Logic Structures
Lesson 4: Error Handling
Lesson 5: Writing a Program
Lesson 6: Completing a Program
Lesson 7: Technicalities: Working with Functions, Classes, Structures and Headers
Lesson 8: Input and Output Streams
Lesson 9: Vectors, Arrays, and Pointers
Lesson 10: Text Manipulation
Lesson 11: Numerics, Arrays and Iteration
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Compile and run a basic C++ program.
- Write C++ code that uses numeric and string data in variables.
- Demonstrate knowledge of variables, types, values, definition and objects
- Write C++ code that uses common operator.
- Write C++ code that uses own functions and header files.
- Write C++ applications that use own classes.
- Write C++ code that uses arrays, matrices and lists.
- Write C++ applications that use pointers to containers and variables.
- Write C++ application that use conditional statement and loops.
- Write C++ code that handles exceptions and validates data.
Participants have 180 days to complete this mentor-supported online course.
All necessary materials included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept cookies
- Disable pop-up blocker.