Although lean has found widespread application in manufacturing and services, there have been very few sustained implementations in R&D, and even less in the innovation process. Goodyear and many other innovative companies have proven that the benefits of applying lean principles to innovation or R&D — even at the front end of the innovation cycle — can be much higher than what has been accomplished in traditional applications, such as manufacturing and services. Benefits include greater agility, more successful new products, better delivery and much faster speed to market.
This workshop is for leaders and practitioners seeking to work more innovatively. Building on the principles of lean product development and lean startups, the program provides a comprehensive framework that helps leaders and organizations figure out what to do, and how to do it, every day.
Course OutlineThis workshop will cover the following topics:
- Why innovation is important in all industries, services and processes
- The lean principles that take an idea to a successful product
- Examples and case studies of successful implementations
- Key tools and features
- Quick learning cycles (agile, scrum)
- Minimum viable products
- Fail fast and often to succeed quickly
- How to engage people in a lean transformation
- Innovation and product development subjects, including understanding customer value, collaboration, critical questions, quick learning cycles, minimum viable products and concurrent development
- Apply lean thinking to their innovation creation process
- Develop a roadmap to allow everybody to be successful at efficiently creating innovative products, services and processes
- How to engage the people in the transformation and the new process
Who Should Attend: R&D and engineering leaders and managers