This workshop examines the five stages of the “Goodyear Wheel,” which represents a proven path for starting and/or improving a lean initiative.
- Identification of customer value and waste.
- Understanding the value stream through gemba observations.
- Application of flow methods to create a stable and faster process.
- Application of pull techniques (e.g., kanban) and standardization.
- Continuous improvement of the lean process and striving for perfection.
The workshop also addresses other lean concepts related to lean product and process development and subjects such as organization forms and knowledge management.
- Prerequisites of a good lean product development process
- Five stages of the Goodyear Wheel
- Lean and flow management
- Little's Law
- Visual planning and management
Upon completion, participants will be able to efficiently roll out or reenergize lean R&D initiatives.
Prerequisite: Introduction to Lean Product Development
Who Should Attend: Leaders, managers, and practitioners in R&D organizations.