This course will assist you in transitioning from the AIAG FMEA 4th Edition to the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook. Learn to execute Process FMEA according the new handbook by achieving a deeper understanding of the explicit and subtle changes, along with high impact benefits that will bring your organization’s PFMEA to the next level of manufacturing process design robustness.
By the end of this training, you will be able to describe, analyze, exemplify and apply the improvements in the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook. Additionally, you will gain the skills necessary to evaluate the consistency of PFMEA application, measure its effectiveness and efficiency within your organization, and develop a transition implementation plan from the AIAG FMEA 4th Edition methodology to the 7-Step approach recommended by the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
- Overview of the major changes, improvements and benefits of the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook. Detailed introduction chapter emphasizing and clarifying the foundations necessary to develop a robust FMEA.
- Applying 7-Steps approach - a more instrumental, integrated approach with lessons learned, and error-proofing-driven method to develop FMEAs.
- PFMEA 1st Step – Planning and Preparation.
- PFMEA 2nd Step – Structure Analysis.
- PFMEA 3rd Step – Function Analysis.
- PFMEA 4th Step – Failure Analysis.
- PFMEA 5th Step – Risk Analysis.
- PFMEA 6th Step – Optimization.
- PFMEA 7th Step – Communication.
- Process Flow, PFMEA, control plan and work instruction linkages.
- Comparing a PFMEA prepared using AIAG FMEA 4th Edition Manual to a PFMEA prepared using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
- PFMEA effectiveness, efficiency and linkage to the cost of poor quality (COPQ).
- Transition implementation plan from AIAG FMEA 4th Edition to AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe major changes, improvements and benefits on the foundations of Process FMEA execution when comparing AIAG FMEA 4th Edition to the new AIAG & VDA FMEA manuals.
- Analyze major changes and improvements adopted in the new AIAG & VDA FMEA handbook by completing a detailed comparison between AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook to the AIAG 4th Edition manual.
- Exemplify major changes, improvements, and benefits of Process FMEAs execution when comparing a PFMEA prepared using AIAG FMEA 4th Edition Manual to a PFMEA prepared using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
- Identify the major changes and improvements when evaluating the content of a Process FMEA prepared using AIAG FMEA 4th Edition Manual compared to a PFMEA prepared using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
- Evaluate the consistency of PFMEA application cases.
- Measuring PFMEA effectiveness, efficiency and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ).
- Develop a Transition implementation plan from AIAG FMEA 4th Edition to AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
Prerequisite: This training requires the individual to have a working knowledge and experience with AIAG FMEA 4th Edition execution.
Who Should Attend: Recommended for Core Process FMEA Team to include process/manufacturing engineers, ergonomic engineers, process validation engineers, quality/reliability engineers, project managers, FMEA moderators/facilitators, auditors and other roles with a background and experience with AIAG Process FMEA.