This one-day training session complies with 29 CFR 1910.120 requirements regarding annual refresher training for hazardous waste site workers. Participants will brush up on typical safety, health and other hazards that may be present at sites, as well as work practices that can help minimize risk. The group will also discuss and critique pertinent incidents volunteered by participants. The instructional methods used in this course will not only provide education and encourage participant interaction, but will also generate a facilitated work session focused on results.
- Overview of the HAZWOPER standard
- Hazard chemicals at jobsites
- Chemical hazard identification
- Labels and other sources of information
- Communication (introduction to the GHS)
- Characteristics of hazardous materials
- Protecting yourself from hazards
- Alarms/emergency equipment
- Personal protective equipment selection
- Use of direct reading instrument
- Site safety plans
Prerequisite: This course is designed for participants who have already passed a 24- or 40-hour hazardous waste operations course that meets the 29 CFR1910.120 OSHA refresher requirement.
Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) annual refresher training to hazardous waste workers and supervisors covered under 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER). Training services include preparing and presenting training programs that meet or exceed federal standards.