Course DescriptionThis 10-hour course promotes awareness of common job-related safety and health hazards. Participants will be introduced to OSHA policies, procedures and standards as well as general industry safety and health principles. Taught by OSHA-authorized instructors, this course helps participants make sense of OSHA standards and understand how to apply them.
- Introduction to OSHA.
- Walking/working surfaces, including fall protections.
- Exit routes, emergency action plans, fire protection plans, fire protection.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Hazard communication.
- Hazardous materials.
- Other safety topics may include materials handling, machine guarding, bloodborne pathogens and more.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Define General Industry Safety and Health (29 CFR 1910 OSHA Standard) topics.
- Recognize health and safety hazards.