Get practical experience in Agile project management. Review the basics of Agile Scrum practices and understand how to complete an agile project. Course begins with the history of agile development and ends with a review of the specific behaviors expected of an Agile ScrumMaster.
Participants are encouraged to submit a description of a project they wish to use for comparison to an agile project. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to provide a basic overview of Agile Scrum that includes roles, basic practices, comparisons to waterfall development and basic scrum techniques.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe each scrum role: Team Member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster.
- Display understanding of the scrum framework.
- Understand how to apply empirical thinking to project work.
- Explain how a team's productivity can be adjusted to account for its composition.
- Appreciate the importance of organizational agreement on software readiness.
- Hear why the ScrumMaster role can be the most satisfying (and most difficult) job on a project.
- Achieve the first step in Scrum-Alliance recognized certifications, enabling them to advance to higher levels of recognition.
- Those seeking basic knowledge of Agile Project Management or Scrum
- Managers, ScrumMasters