Learn how Agile Project Management meets the standards of the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), beginning with an introduction to PMBOK standards and descriptions of the agile activities and techniques used to implement PMBOK processes. This course prepares participants for the PMP exam as well as the Scrum@Scale certification exam.
Note: This course satisfies the 35-hour requirement for the PMP exam as well as the Scrum Alliance and Scrum@Scale requirements for the Scrum@Scale exam (issued to participants at the end of the course).
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the five PMBOK Process Groups and Agile Manifesto.
- Define the PMBOK processes.
- Identify the parent process group for each process.
- Define scrum standards.
- Describe scrum events such as sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives and backlogs.
- Identify the 10 PMBOK areas and the processes that belong to each knowledge area.
- Identify the parent process for each scrum activity.
- Understand how PMBOK and agile principles coincide.
- Apply both PMBOK standards and agile principles to a project.
NotesAudience: Anyone who manages projects or project participants
Primary Attendee Group: Project managers, resource managers, other management
- Familiarity with Agile basics
- At least three years of project management experience
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- PMI Agile Certification Prep (PMI-ACP) with Scrum@Scale (2.4 CEUs) : PMI Agile Certification Prep (PMI-ACP) with ScrumScale