The Orchestra Program (TOP) at Western Campus includes string orchestras and full symphony orchestra ensembles presented in a dynamic, intense and fun way that will incorporate instruction in all of the elements necessary to deeply learn how to play in a high leverage music ensemble setting
By focusing on a mastery-based approach to music education while inspiring standards of excellence, students develop lifelong musical, social, and leadership skills which help to position them for success in their everyday lives.
Symphony Orchestra – 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Open to Advanced Strings/Winds/Brass/Percussion
- Laura Joss, Director
- Joe Fudale, Assistant Director
- Nathan Gardner, Assistant Director
New students to the program should contact the Performing Arts Office to schedule an audition. Audition requirements include scales and repertoire that best represent the student’s ability. String students who are able to shift should plan to demonstrate that skill in the audition in order to be considered for an Intermediate or Advanced Orchestra.
String & Wind/Brass/Percussion Students that have previously participated in the program, do not need to audition unless they want to be considered for the Full Symphony Orchestra.
The school year is divided into trimesters in an effort to accommodate student schedules and to provide an entry point for new members to audition for the ensembles throughout the year.
- Full year tuition - $150.00 *Most Affordable in N.E. Ohio! This rate is available to students who enroll in all three trimesters, for the third trimester free!
- Trimester 1 - $75.00 – Sept. 7 to Nov. 23, 2019
- Trimester 2 - $75.00 – Dec. 7 to Feb. 29 2020
- Trimester 3 - $50.00 – Mar. 7 to May 2, 2020