Course DescriptionThe Film Crew Intensive prepares future film and media technicians and crew members for entry-level positions by providing a unique opportunity to learn directly from professionals working on Cleveland feature films and commercial sets. It was developed with the help of the Greater Cleveland Film Commission and IATSE Local 209. Tri-C Film Academy trainees will work side by side with — and be mentored by — IATSE film industry professionals in various departments.
- Week 1: Production department procedures, forms, set and walkie etiquette.
- Week 2: Art department procedures including set dressing, props, make-up and costumes.
- Week 3: Camera department procedures and camera prep.
- Week 4: Grip and electric procedures and equipment handling.
- Week 5: Preparation of Short Film
- Week 6: Short Film Production
- Receive an IMDb credit.
- Network with industry professionals and fellow trainees.
- Better understanding of departmental chain of command, set etiquette, walkie etiquette, production documents, film lingo and equipment handling.
- Gain hands-on knowledge of film department on-set practices and procedures.
- Help build the Northeast Ohio film industry workforce.
- Receive work-for-hire compensation.
Trainees will be hired to work on the short film during the last week of class. These trainees must sign a participation agreement, be available for the full six weeks and be physically capable of lifting and moving heavy objects. All trainees hired will receive a stipend.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Film Crew Intensive Training with Short Film Production (21 CEUs) : Film Crew Intensive Training with Short Film Production
Next Class Offering: January 2022
Please complete the below request form for more information once our class is scheduled.