This is a four-course bundle that is intended for individuals that are looking to gain more stakeholder and manager skills.
- Leading others through change
- Managing changing project requirements
- Systems thinking - How to solve problems so they stay solved
- Case studies in project management
Leading Others Through Change
Lesson 1: Explore the change
- Why does change fail
- ACT to lead change
- Rate yourself
Lesson 2: Activate the change
- Clarifying and align the vision and goals
- Determining readiness
- Establish a sense of urgency
- Create a communication plan
Lesson 3: Create the plan
- Gather and analyze data
- Plan to manage resistance
- Involve, engage and motivate others
Lesson 4: Transition the change
- Design the implementation
- Institutionalize the change
- Evaluate the effort
Lesson 5: Be an effective leader
- Why do people follow leaders?
- Communicate as you ACT: A tool
- Tips to manage resistance
- Gaining commitment
Lesson 6: Review
- Action plan
- Learning summary
Managing Changing Project Requirements
Lesson 1: Baselining requirements
- Starting from the known
- Requirements validation
- Characteristics of good requirements
- Requirements inspection
Lesson 2: Managing changing requirements
- Sources of changing requirements
- Components of requirements management
- The change control process
- Traditional vsersus agile processes
Lesson 3: Using traceability
- The importance of traceability
- Horizontal vs. vertical traceabiltiy
- Traceability and ownership
Lesson 4: Conclusion
- Using software tools
Systems Thinking - How to Solve Problems So They Stay Solved
Lesson 1: What is systems thinking and why does it matter?
- Systems thinking background
- Comparing traditional analysis and systems thinking
- Attributes and benefits
- When and how to use systems thinking
Lesson 2: Systems thinking language and tools
- Key terms
- Causal loop diagrams
- Feedback loops
- Questions to guide implementation of systems thinking
Lesson 3: Pitfalls to avoid
- Resistance to change
- Silo mentality
Lesson 4: Applying systems thinking in the workplace
- Encouraging innovation
- Improving productivity
- Learning how to learn
- Refining your management and leadership skills
Lesson 5: Conclusion
- Learning summary
- Next steps
Case Studies in Project Management
Lesson 1: The heart of project work
- Back to basics
- Know your stakeholders
- Exclusions: What are those?
- The 80/20 principle
- Project decision-making
- Sidestepping common project estimating errors
- Multitasking: Is it really more effective?
- Finishing your project on time
Lesson 2: The bigger picture
- How to succeed on an impossible project
- The value of a project-management office
- Letting corporate strategy drive project selection
- The entrepreneurial project manager
Participants have 6 months to complete this online, self-paced course.
This course is part of the Stakeholder and Managers bundle. Save $265 by registering for the bundle versus the four courses individually.
- Leading Others Through Change
- Managing Changing Project Requirements
- Systems Thinking - How to Solve Problems So They Stay Solved
- Case Studies in Project Management
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue steaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept Cookies
- Disable Pop-up Blocker.