Course DescriptionThis course outlines important data security measures to be taken by individuals to protect sensitive data and PI. Topics include how to prevent data breaches, protecting your personal information and different types of breaches. The security measures outlined in this course not only protect individuals, but also protect data up to the corporate level. These safe practices can prevent hacking in in a variety of instances, including personal social media accounts, sensitive corporate data, and data breaches. Learn how to better protect yourself and your company..
Module 1: Data Breaches and ID Theft
- Course Introduction
- Threat and Cost
Module 2: Device Security Basics
- 2.1 It’s All About YOU, Part 1
- 2.2 It’s All About YOU, Part 2
Module 3: Avoiding Inadvertent Disclosure
- 3.1 No More OOps, Part 1
- 3.2 No More OOps, Part 2
Module 4: Physical And Technical Safeguards
- 4.1 The DOOf Security, Part 1
- 4.2 The DOOf Security, Part 2
- 4.3 Course Outro
Participants have 12 months to complete this online, self-paced course.
All necessary materials are included.System Requirements:
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended for the best experience.
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher
- RAM: 2 GB or higher
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 or higher
- Speakers / Headphones
- Microphone (Webinar / Live Online sessions)
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10 (Home, Pro)
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- Latest Chrome OS
- Latest Linux Distributions
NOTE: While we understand that our courses can be viewed on Android and iPhone devices, we do not recommend the use of these devices for our courses. The size of these devices do not provide a good learning environment for students taking online or live online-based courses.Web Browser Requirements:
- Latest Google Chrome is recommended for the best experience.
- Latest Mozilla FireFox
- Latest Microsoft Edge
- Latest Apple Safari
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice)
- PDF reader program (Adobe Reader, FoxIt)
- Courses may require other software that is denoted in the above course outline.