This course teaches participants the fundamentals of project management, including key concepts, terminology and moving from project selection to project closure. Learn the differences between projects, programs and portfolios, and apply project life cycles to real-world examples.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand what project management means and what makes a project succeed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management terms, tools and techniques: Distinction between projects, programs and portfolios, and the triple constraint of project management (a.k.a. the "Iron Triangle").
- Describe the stages of managing a project: initiate, plan, Execute, monitor, and control and closure.
- Appreciate the importance of good project management: Share examples of good and bad project management.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Manager Entry-Level Certificate (7.5 CEUs) : Project Manager Entry-Level Certificate