ZLSS1527 - Introduction to Agile and Scrum
This course gives practical experience in Agile project management. Review the basics of Agile Scrum practices and understand how to complete an Agile project. The course begins with the history of Agile development and ends with a review of the specific behaviors expected of an Agile Scrum Master.
Participants are encouraged, to submit a description of a project they wish to use for comparison to an Agile project. After leaving this class, participants will be able to recite a basic overview of Agile and Scrum, including the definition of roles, basic practices, comparisons to waterfall (traditional) development and basic Scrum techniques.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of Agile program management.
- Describe each Scrum role: Team Member, Product Owner and Scrum Master.
- Compare traditional and agile project estimating and planning.
- Display understanding of the Scrum framework.
- Hear why the Scrum Master role can be the most satisfying (and most difficult) job on a project.
- Review and understand the critical characteristics a Scrum Master must have to succeed.
- Discover how conflict resolution plays a critical role in Scrum.
- Practice Scrum meetings including; Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Burndowns, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Achieve the first step in Scrum-Alliance recognized certifications, enabling them to advance to higher levels of recognition.
- Those who need to know the basics of Agile for participation on an Agile team.
- Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Project Team, Product Owners and Organizational Managers.
You can attend this course three ways:
- In-person at Corporate College East.
- On-site virtually at Brunswick University Center.
- Virtually, at a location of your choosing.
Please view these three course options to the right and register for the location that best meets your needs.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Manager Entry-Level Certificate (7.5 CEUs) : Project Manager Entry-Level Certificate