This course weaves together solid human resource principles, timely research and recent events, such as the latest rise in unemployment and financial issues facing the United States and other countries. Delve into some of the most effective, unique approaches in dealing with human resource issues and discover the challenges facing managers and employees in today's business climate using case studies of real organizations.
This course prepares students for careers in human resource management by providing the skills needed to successfully complete the HR Certification Institute PHR® certification exam.
Lesson 1: Business Management/Leadership and Strategy
- Strategic human resource management skills
- Organizational strategies
- Stages of global HR management
Lesson 2: Talent Planning and Acquisition
- Employment discrimination
- Forecasting and implementing employment needs and plans
- Job analysis and competency modeling
- Creating effective job descriptions
- Effective recruitment practices
Lesson 3: Learning and Development
- Principles of training and development
- Talent, performance and change management
- Organizational interventions
- ADDIE method
- Classic conditioning, operant conditioning and social cognitive theory
Lesson 4: Total Rewards
- Effective compensation methods and procedures
- Incentive compensation systems
- Economic factors that affect compensation
Lesson 5: Employee and Labor Relations/Employee Engagement
- Employee relations, engagement and involvement
- Employee life cycle
- Measuring job satisfaction (characteristics model)
- Implementing a diversity and inclusion initiative
- Labor relations and union representation
- Negotiation and bargaining
Participants will have 12 months to complete this self-paced online course.
All necessary materials included.
This course prepares a student to take the HR Certification Institute PHR® certification exam. Voucher is included for the exam in the course price.
The HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) does not endorse any particular preparation program or offering. We encourage prospective certification holders to use a variety of resources that reflect their learning styles and needs. Purchasing a certification product is not required, and HRCI does not guarantee that an individual will pass based on the purchase of a certification preparation product.
To be eligible for the PHR®, you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience:
- At least one year of experience in a professional-level HR position plus a master’s degree or higher;
- At least two years of experience in a professional-level HR position plus a bachelor’s degree; or
- At least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position plus a high school diploma.
aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ are all registered trademarks of HR Certification Institute.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections recommended for best experience.
- CPU: 1 GHz or higher
- RAM: 2 GB or higher
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 or higher
- Speakers / Headphones
- Microphone (Webinar / Live Online sessions)
Operating System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10 (Home, Pro)
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- Latest Chrome OS
- Latest Linux Distributions
NOTE: While we understand that our courses can be viewed on Android and iPhone devices, we do not recommend the use of these devices for our courses. The size of these devices do not provide a good learning environment for students taking online or live online based courses.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Latest Google Chrome recommended for best experience.
- Latest Mozilla Firefox
- Latest Microsoft Edge
- Latest Apple Safari
Basic Software Requirements:
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office, OpenOffice or LibreOffice)
- PDF reader program (Adobe Reader, FoxIt)
- Courses may require other software that is denoted in the above course outline.