Course DescriptionTo become a successful event planner, you must first learn the essentials. This course will provide you with the tools and strategies to excel in event management, including logistics, financial management, feasibility, risk management, charts, tools and formulas (including food and beverage). Build the foundation necessary to become an in-demand event planner and discover the career path that best suits your skills.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the attributes of a successful event manager
- Correctly use industry-specific terms and vocabulary
- Classify types of events according to a variety of factors
- Describe procedures for the smooth operation of an event
- Use tools to boost productivity and organization
- Understand communication and relationships between event planners, clients, vendors, staff and other stakeholders
- Develop a marketing strategy for an event
- Recognize differences in cultural etiquette as related to event planning
- Identify the range of career choices in the area of event planning.
Registering for this course provides access to both Part One: Planning and Part Two: Design (savings of $70). To register for individual courses, please visit the course page for the topic of your choice:
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Fundamentals of Meeting and Event Management (3 CEUs) : Fundamentals of Meeting and Event Management